BENEFITS OF ASHWAGANDHA.
Here we are on our next post on ‘Benefits of Ashwagandha’ and ‘Adding ashwagandha in our daily diet.’
Benefits of Ashwagandha:
Ashwagandha is used to tone, support, and revitalize bodily functions. It has been revered over time for its dual capacity to energize and calm at the same time. Stress can cause fatigue, often manifesting as “hyper” signs like agitation and difficulty sleeping. By providing a nourishing, energizing effect, you can support a healthy nervous system. When the stress doesn’t impact the nervous system as strongly, the “hyper” signs will naturally resolve over time,allowing for a calming effect. In addition to its dual energizing/calming effect, ashwagandha offers a number of benefits:
Research proves that Ashwagandha has anti-inflammatory properties and is effective in treating rheumatic problems. It also reduces inflammation, swelling and pain.
Ayurvedic texts say that Ashwagandha has the property to kill bacterial inflammation. This helps in curing urinal, gastro-intestinal and respiratory infections.
This herb in one of the important medicines in the field of Oncology. It has the ability to kill cancer cells and treating tumour. It prevents the body from the side effects of Chemotherapy.
Ashwagandha, with its anti-inflammatory properties is helpful in curing cardiovascular health problems. It strengthens the heart muscles and can also control cholesterol.
In the field of Ayurveda, Ashwagandha is used as a long term medicine for treating diabetis. Consuming this herb regularly for four weeks will reduce the blood sugar level.
Stress reliever and Anti-Depressant:
Though the actual reason behind why this herb has been constantly used as a stress reliever is unknown, this herb induces calming effect on a person and reduces the level of anxiety. Ashwagandha is used to improve the mental strength of a person.
In case of hypothyroidism, this herb can be used to stimulate the thyroid gland. A study shows that the root extract of Ashwagandha would increase the secretion of thyroid hormones.
Ashwagandha has the ability to produce new blood cells. Hence it is used in increasing the blood count and strengthening the immune system of the human body.
This herb is constantly use as a medicine to improve fertility and it reduces oxidative stress.
Adding Ashwagandha in daily diet:
- The traditional use is as a powder, mixed with warm milk and honey, and taken before bed.
- A general dose can be 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon once or twice daily.
- Adding sugar adds a cooling effect and can even be substituted for the honey, particularly in the summer months.
- The most common and easiest way is takin Ashwagandha tea
- You can make a tea of Ashwagandha by boiling the powder(or the root immersed) in water for 10 minutes. Don’t use more than a teaspoon of the powder in one cup of water.
- You can flavor the tea with a natural sweetener if you find the taste to be bitter. It is also possible to combine the roots with other herbal tea ingredients to improve the taste.
- You could also take Ashwagandha root powder, along with a glass of hotmilk before going to sleep.
We hope that you may now have known the benefits of Ashwagandha. So why wait come on let us plant and get these benefits out of it. Happy farming!
To know about growing asgwagandha click here.
To read this in Tamil click here.
For more such videos subscribe to our YouTube channel